Rules & Netiquette
Welcome to Wish Upon A Hero! As a way to make the wish granting process safe for the heroes and enjoyable for the wishers, we have established rules and netiquette for the members to follow.
Rules & Netiquette may change or be amended regularly. (Updated: December 6, 2010)
WISH UPON A HERO NETIQUETTE
- THIS IS NOT AN OPINION SITE: This is a site for helping only. No one should judge the Wish, the Wisher or the Hero.
- NEGATIVITY IS NOT ALLOWED: This site is for positive reinforcement and support. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
- DON'T HARASS THE HEROES: Do not private message members directly asking them for help, to view your wish, to sign up for something or to visit another site.
- NO TATTLETALES: Please do not post comments stating the rules on someone's wish. Instead, send that person a polite private message or contact the admin. Many members are new and their actions are unintentional.
- NO RESELLING: Wish Upon A Hero is created for direct needs and not intended as a way to make money by selling the items that you received.
- DON'T BE GREEDY: Do not make a wish containing a everything you ever wanted. It usually guarantees that nothing will be granted. Make a wish from your heart with as much detail as possible. Wishes do come true!
- NO TOP POSTING: Do not use all 3 wishes for the same thing. It complicates the wish granting process. Any wish with NO OFFERS can be reposted after 30 days. Food wishes can be posted once every 30 days. Cards or prayer wishes can be reposted at anytime.
- THANK YOU: After you receive your granted wish, thank your hero in a Private Message, it's common courtesy and common sense.
RULES ABOUT WISHING
- TRUE WISHES ONLY: We do not allow wishes that are created for: solicitation, spamming, selling, voting, advertising or links to website for personal financial gain or commercial reasons.
- NO WISH LINKING: We do not allow wishes that ask members to view any other wishes. Members can not wish for the same things for the same person if there is already a wish up for it.
- NO CONTESTS, NO RAFFLES, NO GIVEAWAYS: The Wish System was not programmed to handle contests, raffles and giveaways (or gift exchanges) by members.**
- WISHING FOR OTHERS: You CAN make a wish for people who are NOT members on wishuponahero.com but the money and items must be sent directly to the people in need.* Do not wish for past or banned members, wishes will be removed without notice.
- KEEP IT CLEAN: We do not allow content that contains profanity, vulgarity, rants, sexual nature or x-rated topics (this includes inappropriate photos and videos). We do not allow wishes that are hateful, negative, politically based, or of religious nature. We do not allow wishes that request financial support for people who have been convicted or accused of ANY crime, including but not limited to: tickets, bail money, fines, and attorney fees. Also, due to legal privacy issues, we do not allow wishes for letters, cards or support of current convicted felons or inmates. Many schools, organizations and churches adopt wishes throughout the year and we do not want to deter them from using our site. Wishes and comments of inappropriate nature will be removed without warning.
WISH GRANTING GUIDELINES
- SHIPPING: If you cannot afford shipping and handling, then do not offer to grant the wish. You can not wish for shipping funds or postage stamps that will be used to grant other wishes.
- SIGN-UPS: If the wisher needs to join or sign-up to another site to receive money, then do not offer to grant the wish.
- FALSE OFFERS: If the wisher is asking for financial donations and you can only offer prayers, cards, or advice, then do not offer to grant the wish. You can still show your support and help by leaving a message in the comment section. If you do not have the financial ability or the item currently available to grant a wish, then do not offer to grant the wish. Someone else may be ready to grant the same wish but won't because they think the wish has an active offer on it. Add the wish to your favorites to track its progress and possibly grant it in the future.
- MINIMUM AMOUNT: Due to processing fees we require all monetary donations to be more than one dollar. Offers for less than a dollar will be moved to the comments section of the wish.
- TIME TO GRANT: Your offer to grant a wish means you will ship the offered item(s) within a week period. Otherwise please save the wish in your favorites or enter your intent in the comments section until such a time as when you can fulfill your offer.
- NO ILLEGAL COPIES: We do not allow offers or wishes that involved duplication of copyrighted material. This includes movies, music, books and software. We do not allow offers of food stamps or prescription medication. We do not allow wishes for lottery tickets due to a Federal law prohibits the mailing of lottery tickets.
- CARD HEROES: We have created a separate category for the following items: cards, coupons, product codes or points, e-mails, letters, penpals, recipes, stickers, and stick-on tattoos. Do not grant a wish with any of those items if the wish is NOT in the card category. You can post intentions in the comments to send those items and private message the member for an address. Card Hero offers on NON-card wishes will be moved to the comment section.
- NO CIRCULAR GIVING: Do not grant wishes with items or money that you received from your own wish. This activity is known as "Circular Giving" is considered poor etiquette. Your Heroes intended for YOU to have those items, not for you to give them away.
- ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON: Each individual is allowed only one Wish Upon A Hero user account. We only allow ONE member account per household and/or per IP address. This stops members who may try to "double up" on their active wishes. Members can not wish with one account and then grant with another account. Please see the FAQ section on IP addresses for more information here.
- GENIE RULES: You can only have 3 wishes granted every 30 days. Wishes can only be posted 72 hours apart and will remain posted for at least 7 days. Wishes can not be edited once posted.
- ACCEPTANCE TIME: All offers to grant a wish that are not accepted in a 7 day period will be declined automatically.
- OFFER TIME: A wish with the last offer that is over 3 months old will be marked granted.
- WISH TIME: Members who have not been active in the last 90 days will have their active wishes removed or granted if there is an offer.
*Excludes Charity Builder accounts.
**Wish Upon A Hero and the Wish Upon A Hero Foundation are exempt.
© Wish Upon A Hero. All rights reserved. View the Terms. Click Here